Kratom is a medicinal herb that is native from South East Asia. Nowadays, it has become trendy even in other parts of the globe, including the US, where it is considered as both undetectable and legal. For this reason, it can be used by individuals working in places where they are subjects to drug tests like in the military. We have many stores in the US that sell kratom extracts. Other vendors have come up with websites where customers can buy this product online.
Findings show that kratom has numerous health benefits like
- relieving anxiety, and depression,
- helping with sleep,
- inducing relaxation effects,
- improving sleep,
- and reducing pain.
The leaves of this plant are widely used as sedative or stimulant. Its sedative effects vary depending on the dosage used. Let us have a look at the user’s guide that describes how much kratom that one should use to get the desired effects.
- 2g-6 g of leaves- stimulant.
- 7g-15g of leaves- It can act as a sedative, euphoric, and stimulant for others.
- 26g-50g of leaves- Strong sedating effects.
- 26g-50g of leaves- Powerful euphoric and sedating effects. Taking high doses of kratom can cause delusions and hallucinations.
In addition to this, the potency of this product can vary from one product to another. Kratom users are advised to follow this guideline and stop taking higher doses than the recommended. This herb is sold in different forms such as tea, undried or dried leaves, capsules, or powder form.
Symptoms and signs of Kratom Abuse
Taking higher doses of kratom that the recommended can lead to the following effects on the use’rs body.
- Sudden sleepiness
- Insensitivity to emotional or physical pain
- Constricted pupils
- Some people might become nervous or edgy.
- Higher energy levels
- Increases one’s ability to handle tedious tasks.
- Increased sociability or talkativeness
Overdoses of Kratom
- Severe nausea
- Respiratory depression
- Combative behavior or aggressiveness
Vomiting and nausea at overdoses high doses on this product can be prolonged and severe in some people. Once taken, the effect of this drug can last for up to five hours, depending on the dosage taken. This product can be smoked, taken as tea r ingested, its undried or dried leaves can be chewed.
Kratom Nausea and Other Common Side Effects Associated with Kratom
As mentioned earlier, this product has become very popular because of its immense benefits and its potency. However, it has few side effects. Kratom nausea is one of the most common side effect associated with the usage of this product. For this reason, kratom enthusiasts should know how this problem occurs and learn the best ways of preventing or curing it.
Nausea is one of the main issues that people go through in their lives. However, kratom nausea is different from the regular one that ordinary people go through.
- It occurs after taking various strains of kratom. The affected person has the urge to empty their stomach and vomiting. This problem occurs when the brain’s vomiting center is activated.
- This condition is unpleasant since it makes the kratom used to become ineffective after vomiting.
- Knowing the strains that cause kratom nausea can help in preventing this condition from occurring. The main strains associated with these issues include Indo and Bali strains.
- If the user finds it difficult to deal with kratom nausea, he/she should altogether avoid using these strains of kratom.
Reasons for Kratom Nausea
Kratom is not different from the other supplements that people consume to improve certain conditions. The fact that people bodies are different, kratom usage affects people in different ways. Some people can get particular side effects when they use certain products, while others may not be affected.
Outlined here below are the common reasons for one getting kratom nausea;
Kratom Usage Can Lead to Stomach Sensitivity
- The usage of any drug, including kratom, affects people differently depending on their body type and genetics. Some people have stomachs which are very sensitive to specific herbs like kratom. You will find them experiencing stomach reactions when they take these herbs. These reactions are the ones that result in nausea.
It Is a Mild Opioid
- Kratom is a gentle opioid. This is why most people find it useful and safe for use. It does not cause any harmful effects on the user’s body save the few side effects which don’t last for long. This substance works by initiating the brain receptors.
- Opioids are known for causing nausea amongst their users. Kratom can, therefore, create the same issues when it binds itself to the brain’s vomiting receptors.
Kratom Has an Undesirable Taste
- Individuals who have been taking kratom extract reports that it has an unfavorable taste. In fact, pure kratom has a nauseating taste.
- Probably this is one of the main reasons why its users experience nausea after taking it. You can neutralize this taste by mixing this herb with another substance.
Kratom users should familiarize themselves with probable causes of kratom nausea to help them determine the best prevention measure. Its unpleasant taste can be neutralized by taking it alongside juices or teas.
Precautions of Preventing Kratom Nausea
Kratom usage can cause nausea, but this should not stop you from enjoying its fantastic health benefits. Fortunately, there are some precautions that can help you in preventing this condition. One can get a method that works best for him by exploring the precautions discussed in this article.
Take the Recommended Dosage
- Taking high doses of kratom is one of the leading causes of kratom nausea. It has been reported that high doses of kratom can induce some feelings of euphoria or even cause some forms of dizziness, leading to vomiting.
- Being mindful of one’s dosage is the best way of avoiding this issue. In general, you should only take what you can handle. New users should start with just a few grams of this product. In addition to this, you should focus on kratom powder instead of its extracts.
Avoid Taking Kratom When Hungry
- Just like with the usage of other drugs, you should avoid taking kratom or its extracts when your stomach is empty. Remember that kratom is potent, and its usage on an empty stomach can cause stomach discomfort and nausea. You should make a habit of taking drugs after meals.
Taking Kratom With Ginger
- People have been using ginger as a potential remedy for nausea. You can, therefore, take ginger alongside kratom to prevent this unpleasant condition.
- To maximize the benefits of ginger, you can either chew it after using kratom or mix its powder with teas.
Picking the Best Method of Consumption
- As mentioned earlier, one can feel nauseous after taking kratom because of its unpleasant taste. For this reason, you should avoid taking it in its raw form. Mixing kratom with juices or anything with a pleasant taste is advantageous.
How to Treat Kratom Nausea
The following are the useful tips that can help you in curing kratom nausea.
- Taking medical marijuana is one of the excellent ways of beating kratom nausea. Both CBD and THC are effective at reducing nausea. This is the main reason why medical marijuana has become very popular among patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Before taking medical marijuana, you should ensure that you have met all the federal requirements.
Taking Over the Counter Drugs
- Over the counter drugs are effective in treating kratom nausea. Antiemetic drugs help beat vomiting and nausea.
Chewing on Some Peppermint or Ginger
- Research has shown that ginger can be used to treat or prevent kratom nausea. Anyone who has an ill feeling can buy ginger or peppermint from the nearby grocery stores.
- You should chew it until the feeling fades away. This is on the recommended home remedy for kratom nausea.
Despite its few side effects, kratom is a potent, excellent supplement that has numerous health benefits on the user’s body. Kratom is a substance that can provoke nausea. Its users should understand how to cure and prevent this condition. Preventing or curing kratom nausea is the best way of maximizing the benefits of this potent herb. Vomiting kratom renders it ineffective.