What Are Kratom Capsules
The capsule method of taking Kratom can be highly convenient, and the flexibility of it makes it an excellent choice for many users. There are many ways to take Kratom.
It can be taken as a
- an extract,
- or a capsule.
The powder is commonly mixed in with tea, and other types of beverages. It is a flexible substance with regards to the many ingestion methods that exist. The capsule method can be one of the best ways to take Kratom. New users of Kratom can be left overwhelmed by some of the complex preparation methods. Capsules require far less preparation than other methods. Also, they can be great for people who have trouble adjusting to the taste of Kratom. However, it may not be suitable for everyone. This article will show you how to take Kratom capsules and list the full benefits of this form of Kratom, as well as some of the drawbacks and considerations to take into account.
What are Kratom Capsules?
Many strains of Kratom are available in capsule form. Kratom capsules have correct doses of a Kratom strain within them. This is easier to measure, and it can be more convenient to track your dose more accurately. Many companies and vendors provide Kratom capsules.
New users can benefit from Kratom capsules as they are far easier to use in working out an ideal dose. Additionally, there is no preparation time required. This leaves less room for mistakes. Kratom capsules can generally be bought in bulk, which makes them a convenient long term solution. Many trusted online sellers and vendors have begun to sell Kratom capsules. These are mainly sold in standard sizes which we explain below.
Capsule Size Guide
There is a specific Kratom size guide that is used for capsules. It makes it easy to understand how much of the substance is within each capsule. In general, there are five main sizes that you can choose. As you can see, there is a logical increase and decrease in the amount of Kratom depending on the size of the capsule.
- 000 – an individual capsule will contain 1 gram of Kratom
- 00 – a single capsule will contain 0.735 grams of Kratom
- 0 – an individual tablet will contain 0.5 grams of Kratom
- 1 – an individual capsule will contain 0.4 grams of Kratom
- 2 – a particular capsule will contain 0.3 grams of Kratom
As you can see the above sizes are clear and easy to understand. The sizing starts at 000 which is the highest and goes up to size 2 which is the lowest. All vendors will include the sizing when you purchase the Kratom. Furthermore, it will usually be available to see on the packet which means you can always double-check to see if you are taking the correct dose.
Benefits of Kratom Capsules
- Kratom is famous for its unique taste and scent. Some people don’t mind this when they ingest the substance, whereas others find the taste to be unpleasant.
- The taste can also depend on the specific strain as well as the supplier. Not all Kratom tastes the same. One benefit of capsules is that you don’t have to taste the Kratom itself.
- This is a significant benefit to those who intensely dislike the taste, as they can comfortably take Kratom.
- Kratom in power form can be great, but there is undoubtedly a level of mess involved. Most Kratom users are well aware of the frustration of spilling powder and the difficulty of cleaning it up. Capsules remove the risk of messy spills.
- It means you don’t have to spend time cleaning up. But, it also means you won’t waste any Kratom. Capsules are far more natural to move around.
- Moving Kratom around while traveling can be a hassle with powder. However, capsules allow you to take Kratom with you on your travels in a convenient manner.
No Preparation Time
- Kratom is a flexible substance, and there are many creative ways that you can take. However, the majority of these require some preparation time. Many of us have busy lives and therefore this preparation time can be highly inconvenient.
- Kratom requires measuring and mixing when in powder form. However, in capsule form, this has already been done for you.
- The only judgment you have to make is checking the dose of the capsule, and you can get on with your day.
Easy to Swallow
- Some people may have a difficult time swallowing pills; however, in general, capsules are more comfortable to swallow than powder.
- The popular, “toss and wash” method of taking Kratom can be difficult for beginners. It can end up messy if it is done incorrectly.
- The benefit of capsules is that there is no contact with the powder itself. This makes it far easier to swallow.
Accurate Dose Measurements
- Kratom is a substance that works best with an ideal dose. Everyone will have a slightly different dose, but it is harder to gauge this with powder.
- It also means you have to measure the dose every time you prepare Kratom accurately.
- Some users don’t measure but rely on their judgment.
- This is ill-advised since any small changes in dose can lead to weaker effects and also increase the possibility of side effects. A key benefit of Kratom capsules is that you know the correct dose of the Kratom substance.
- The size of the capsule will let you know the exact amount of Kratom contained within. This allows you to take your optimal dose with ease.
- Kratom has to be stored carefully. Otherwise, there is a risk of it losing its freshness alongside some of its most potent benefits.
- Ideally, it should be stored in an airtight container. Tiny amounts of air and moisture can significantly damage Kratom powder and reduce its effects.
- Kratom powder requires constant monitoring and a plan for storage. Whereas, Kratom capsules are already packed into airtight capsules.
- It is true that capsules need to be stored appropriately too. However, it is far easier to store these in the best manner.
If you are thinking of taking Kratom capsules, there are some essential considerations that you should take into account.
- All Kratom vendors will sell Kratom powder; however, capsules are still emerging. This means there is limited availability, and not all strains will have pills available.
- Therefore, your ideal strain of Kratom may not yet be available to purchase. Additionally, it may take longer to find a suitable vendor.
- Kratom capsules cost more than Kratom powder. You will need to weigh up whether the benefits of capsules are worth the extra price.
- The reason for the added expense is that there are specific costs taken for the packaging and distribution of capsules.
- The vast majority of Kratom capsules are made with Gelatin. Most people can handle this substance without issues. However, some people get irritated by Gelatin.
- Additionally, Kratom users will generally take multiple capsules, and this can cause Gelatin to build up.
- This may cause heaviness in the stomach as well as bloating. Furthermore, some people may have an allergy to Gelatin.
There are vegetarian Kratom capsules available which do not include gelatin; however, availability is lower for this type of Kratom capsule.
Not as Convenient for Higher Doses
Some people may have an ideal Kratom dose that is relatively high. This will apply to those who are seeking pain relief or sedative effect. These higher doses will mean that a large number of capsules will need to be taken regularly. Kratom capsules are more suited to those who take lower doses. It also means that large size capsules will need to be taken.
This can be more difficult to swallow than smaller capsules. Also, they have a higher amount of Gelatin which is a potential stomach irritant. Taking a large number of capsules may be inconvenient for some people. Users of large doses may want to consider whether using Kratom powder would be better for them.
- A capsule will generally take longer to digest in the stomach. This is because the outer layer has to be broken down first. This can lead to slower effects, and some users have even reported that the results may be weaker.
- Additionally, the release of Kratom may also be slower. This is an important consideration to take into account, as some people need Kratom to start working as soon as possible.
Kratom powder only contains a Kratom strain. There is nothing else added. However, the inclusion of capsules also comes with certain additives and preservatives. There is still research ongoing into these substances; however, they may be detrimental to your long term health. While a small dose of these wouldn’t cause harm, there is still no research into whether long-term use has adverse health effects.
Additionally, the intake of capsules increases the strain on the kidney or liver. Usually, this is no problem for otherwise healthy adults. However, those with certain health conditions may adversely be affected. The coating of the capsules and the gelatin may cause digestion issues when taken in high dose, especially for individuals who have certain health conditions. In general, we recommend that anyone with specific kidney or liver issues should avoid Kratom capsules. Kratom powder is far gentler on the digestion system as a whole.
Home-Made Kratom Capsules
An alternative to buying Kratom capsules is making them at home. This can be difficult; however, it can be far cheaper than buying capsules from vendors. Also, it would allow you to create capsule versions of strains that may not be otherwise available. It can take a while to learn how to make these properly; however, the rewards are great once you start to get the hang of it.
You will first need to buy an empty capsule.
You have the choice of either a vegetarian capsule or a gelatin capsule.
We recommend the vegetarian capsule as the extra cost is justified. The size of the capsule will depend on the dosage that you want per capsule, and you can check out our size guide above. You will also need a capsule filling tray as well as a measuring scale.
Although, the filling tray isn’t essential it can make the process far more comfortable. You should measure the powder and then start filling in the capsules. They should be filled tightly, however not too tightly. Capsules that are too tightly packed may not get fully dissolved in the stomach which can reduce the effects.
This process can be complicated at first, but you should get the hang of it. Many users start to develop a rhythm which makes the task easier. Overall, home-made Kratom capsules can be a fantastic way of saving money and getting your ideal strain in capsule form. However, it is not suitable for everyone due to the time spent getting the capsules ready and also the skill required to fill your capsules accurately.
One of the best things about Kratom is that are many strains and many ways to take these strains. Everyone has a different ideal dose, and everyone has their favorite method of taking Kratom. It all comes down to individual preferences, and requirements.
Kratom capsules offer a flexible and convenient way to take the substance. Many vendors and suppliers are currently offering capsules. In this article, you will have seen some of the critical benefits of Kratom capsules as well as learning more about their specific composition. This will allow you to make a more informed decision as to whether Kratom capsules will be appropriate for your particular needs. Ultimately, it is your choice as to whether you go with Kratom capsules or Kratom powder.
There are many benefits to Kratom capsules; however, in certain circumstances, it can sometimes be better to ingest Kratom in powder form. The beauty of Kratom is that there are so many ways to ingest it and to ultimately benefit from it. Capsules offer an efficient way to track and manage long-term use.