Is Kratom effective for anxiety? This is a common question that many people usually ask. In this article, we will provide an in-depth overview of how Kratom can help to Relieve Anxiety. Also, we will give you the lowdown on the most effective strains that work at banishing anxiety. Kratom strains have been used for centuries due to its medicinal properties and calming effects. In recent years, it has become a popular supplement for people to treat their anxiety and other related conditions. There is a lot of research being conducted on the effects of Kratom and the way in which it can resolve the symptoms of anxiety.
In this article, we will analyze whether Kratom can effectively relieve anxiety and also what the best methods of taking it for anxiety are. Additionally, this article will analyze if certain strains are better than others for treating anxiety.
- Firstly, you should note that Kratom is not currently approved by the FDA for any medicinal use. The current classification of Kratom is, “dietary supplement”. This means that Kratom is easy to obtain and legal to use within the United States.
- However, it does mean it has not yet been properly tested for its effects on treating anxiety and depression. Furthermore, there are plans to regulate the supplement, and some countries have already made the substance completely illegal.
- The issue of non-approval does not factor into the effectiveness of Kratom itself. The FDA approval process is rigorous, and it can take many years for a substance to be approved.
- More research is needed on the topic. In the meantime, there are many anecdotal experiences of Kratom use available. Users have reported success in using Kratom to self-treat symptoms of anxiety and depression.
It is important to consider your own health and well-being before attempting to use Kratom to relieve anxiety. It is highly advisable to remain cautious and aware of your own condition. Kratom can work effectively, but it is vital to use it in a responsible manner.
How Does Kratom Work for Anxiety
Kratom works in a similar manner to opioids. However, the substance itself is not an opioid. The effects are somewhat similar to codeine and morphine. Although, Kratom is nowhere near as addictive as these substances. The active ingredient that is present within all Kratom strains is known as Mitragynine.
- This ingredient binds to the opioid receptors in the brain. This produces a sedating pain relief effect. The subsequent calmness can be effective at treating the physical and mental symptoms of anxiety.
- Anxiety is a complex condition and can largely be subjective. There are common physical symptoms such as sweating, increased heart rate, and restlessness. Additionally, there are mental symptoms which include nervousness, lack of concentration, and a general sense of panic.
- Anxiety is a spectrum disorder and affects people in different ways. Some may experience these symptoms regularly, whereas others may experience them in certain situations such as social events or important meetings.
- Anxiety can be incredibly debilitating and can drastically worsen someone’s quality of life. There are a variety of medications for both anxiety and depression.
- However, their effectiveness varies, and they can also have harsh side effects. Alternatively, some people have treatment-resistant anxiety and depression which can be extremely difficult to resolve.
- There is evidence that Kratom can treat high blood pressure and fatigue. This calming effect can help to treat the general symptoms of anxiety that we have discussed above.
- It can allow an individual to think with more clarity by negating some of the usual physical symptoms of anxiety. Furthermore, the sedative effect can calm the mind.
- Although, there isn’t concrete research on mood changes; many users have commented on how Kratom made them feel more optimistic and motivated. It helped to remove anxious worries and replaced these with confident thoughts.
What Are The Best Kratom Strains for Anxiety
There are many strains of Kratom available. All of them work in a similar manner; however, there are certain differences with each strain. Additionally, these strains can work differently for other people. It can take some experimentation to find your ideal strain that matches your unique requirements from the substance.
Green Malay Kratom
- Many users have had success with Green Malay Kratom at treating symptoms of anxiety. The alkaloids present within the green Malay strain can reduce the symptoms of anxiety.
- Additionally, they can act as mood-boosting agents. This can improve confidence and levels of self-esteem. A general feeling of well-being has been reported by users of this strain.
- If your anxiety is related to your mood, then you should try the green Malay Kratom strain. However, green strains can be a tad too stimulating for new users. Therefore, Red Malay can also be an effective strain to start out with.
Red Maeng Da
- Red Maeng Da offers a potent yet measured Kratom experience. It contains a high amount of alkaloid contents. It can provide intense focus and clarity. This can be particularly useful to users who have anxiety that affects their ability to work or study.
- The effects are also long lasting which make this a good choice for those with regular jobs. It also works well at lower dosages which means there is a reduced risk of developing tolerance.
- The active dose for this strain is generally around 1-2 grams which are lower than other strains used for anxiety.
- This strain used to be exclusive and was at times difficult to purchase. However, in recent years it has become more available. Gold Bali remains one of the most popular strains for treating anxiety.
- It is effective as a mood enhancer, and many have reported its qualities in drastically reducing stress. Additionally, this strain stimulates appetite which can be helpful for those with depression.
- We recommend Gold Bali for more experienced users as it is highly potent.
What is The Best Kratom Dose for Anxiety
The effects of Kratom can differ depending on the dose that is taken. Generally, it depends on the person as to how strongly they feel certain effects. However, Kratom is known for causing energizing effects at lower doses and sedative effects at higher doses.
In general, Kratom works best for anxiety when it is taken at its lowest effective dose. This can differ depending on the person and strain. It can take some experimentation to find the ideal dose.
However, in general, a daily dose of 2-4 grams a day is sufficient for relieving anxiety. You should start off with a lower dose and build it up gradually to gain the maximum benefit. Many users have experienced positive effects as a result of gradually building up a dose, rather than starting off with a high dose straight away.
In general, the higher doses are known to be effective for treating the symptoms of anxiety and depression. The ideal dose can depend on your sex, health, age, and other underlying health conditions. There are no recommended dose guidelines that are perfect for everyone. Kratom still requires a lot of research before it is available as a mainstream pharmaceutical aid.
However, you don’t have to wait until then to start relieving your anxiety symptoms. Most users only a small amount of experimentation before they find their ideal dose and strain. Many have noted how Kratom treats anxiety symptoms better than benzos, and also how the side effects are far less pronounced than mainstream medication.
What Is The Best Way To Take Kratom For Anxiety
Kratom can be ingested in a number of different ways. A stable dose is important for all Kratom users. However, it is even more essential for those using it for anxiety.
- Therefore, Kratom capsules can be a good way to ingest Kratom for anxiety. These have clear doses and can be easily taken. Additionally, they require little time for preparation.
- Anxious individuals may see preparation as something that triggers their anxiety or makes it worse. Capsules offer users an easy and convenient way to take Kratom for anxiety.
- One of the benefits of Kratom is the flexibility in the ways that it can be taken. One of the most popular ways is by adding Kratom powder to tea. Kratom tea is easy to make as it is made by brewing the leaves or mixing in the Kratom powder.
- The tea can have synergistic effects with the Kratom. Overall, this can boost the anti-anxiety effects of both the Kratom and the Tea. Many users have reported success with mixing their Kratom with green tea.
- The L-Theanine present within green tea has calming effects. These effects can be more powerful and profound when used in combination with Kratom.
Risk of Tolerance
There is a risk of developing tolerance to the effects of Kratom. This is especially true when treating the symptoms of anxiety and depression. Initially, they may be highly effective. However, this effect can weaken if you regularly take Kratom. The body adjusts to the Kratom, and therefore it has a lower effect on resolving anxiety symptoms.
However, there are a few ways that you can minimize the risk of tolerance. The concept of tolerance isn’t just limited to Kratom, however. Many conventional treatments for anxiety such as benzos and opioids have far worse levels of tolerance. Additionally, some of these have very bad withdrawal symptoms, and the body can develop a dependence.
These risk factors exist for Kratom; however, they are seen on a much lower scale. One of the best ways to avoid tolerance is to start off with a small dose. You can also use Kratom sparingly as a means of tackling anxiety.
Once you have found an ideal dose, you can limit it to certain days where you will face particularly anxious situations. This can include important meetings or presentations.
The best way to use Kratom for anxiety is by combining it with lifestyle changes. You should use the boost that Kratom gives you to push out of your comfort zone. It can help to ease some of the physical difficulties of anxiety which can allow you to retrain your mind. It is better to think of Kratom as a tool to fight anxiety, rather than a permanent solution.
Additionally, you can tackle tolerance by changing the strains around. It is easy to develop a tolerance to regular use of one strain. However, by adopting multiple strains to your routine, you can continue to enjoy the same powerful effects.
Many users have had success by rotating three strains as part of their routine. If you are planning to take Kratom on a long-term basis, then it can definitely be worth considering taking multiple strains to ensure that they remain effective for treating anxiety.
Kratom can be very effective for anxiety and depression. However, in some cases, it can also make these conditions worse. Anxiety is a very complex condition, and Kratom is a complex substance. The lack of research means it is vital to take the right precautions. Since Kratom isn’t yet an FDA approved the pharmaceutical drug, it should not be used like one.
- If you have severe anxiety or depression, you should always speak to your doctor before attempting to self-medicate with Kratom.
- In certain cases of misuse, Kratom can actually worsen some of the symptoms of these conditions. Also, it is recommended to experiment with different strains and doses to find your ideal combination to treat your symptoms.
- This can take some time which can be frustrating. You should not discontinue any anxiety medication without first informing your doctor. Some of these medications can have withdrawal effects, and therefore they need to be carefully managed.
It is clear that more research needs to be done to conclusively prove the beneficial effects of Kratom at treating anxiety and depression. However, it is apparent that it can help many users to relieve their anxiety symptoms.
In particular, the substance can be well worth trying if current anxiety medicines are not having their desired effects. You should follow the safety tips in the article and responsibly use the substance. Many users have managed to self-treat their anxiety and depression with Kratom. This has been done with careful use and some experimentation to nail down the ideal dose and strain.
It seems likely that Kratom will only increase in popularity once more research has been done. However, you can start benefiting from its effects straight away, and possibly say goodbye to the anxiety or depression symptoms that are bothering you. Kratom can allow you to take back control of your life.