The Malay kratom is also known as the Mitragyna speciose, and primarily grows in the Southeast Asian region, with main sources being
- Papa New Guinea,
- And Malaysia.
The species requires specific weather and climate pattern to grow, and is located close to the equator makes the Southeast Asian countries the ideal zones for plantations. The same plant can be found natively in Africa, with all other countries obtaining kratoms through imports.
In different languages, kratoms are also called “Biak,” “Kakuam,” “Ithanng,” “Thom” and “Ketum,” the latter being the name of the Malaysia kratom. Kratoms are mainly used as a remedy in traditional medicine, where it is dried and ground into powder form.
Among the many variants of the plant, Malaysia has been known to produce the most potent strains, with the white Malay kratom being the most well-known. The White Malay kratom is also known as the White Vein kratom in western countries. The famous White Bali kratom also serves as an alternative, being grown in Bali, Indonesia rather than Malaysia.
The “white” in the name refers to the categorization of the species, which is based on the color of the central vein in the leaf. In the White Malay Kratom, the veins and stems of the leaf have a pale white coloration, with sporadic white stains. Other common variations include the
- Red Bali Kratom,
- the Green Malay Kratom,
- and the Thailand Maeng Kratom.
The White Malay kratom began seeing use in traditional medicine in the early 1800s. The people of Southeast Asia have used kratom to relieve pain and fatigue, as well as to combat opioid withdrawal effects. Manual laborers chewed on the leaves to increase productivity, whereas the traditional medicinal practitioners of Thailand and Malaysia found success in fixing drug dependence with kratom extracts. The rural Malay populace was also known to use the White Malay Kratom as a remedy for common medical issues such as
- and fever.
Studies have found that Malaysian ex-opiate users will use the local variants of ketum to reduce opiate dependence while preventing withdrawal symptoms. Due to the bitter taste, the White Malay kratom tends to be mixed with sugar or condensed milk to mask its taste.
However, many users can take the powder directly through the “toss and wash” method. This is where the powder is ingested into the back of the throat and then washed down with a beverage of your choice. Even today, workers in rural areas still use kratom to increase productivity, thanks to the stimulant properties of the plant. The local villagers have been using this strain for many centuries for many effects.
In western countries, kratom plants have worked their way into the simulative substances industry, categorized alongside plants such as Salva Divinorum, Peyote and Psilocybe species (“Magic Mushrooms”).
- Western users are known to smoke White Malay kratom, while also mixing the leaves with yogurt and cookies to counteract the bitter taste.
- Other methods of White Kratom use in the west include self-made extracts, which involve the boiling of leaves to produce a syrup, which is then made into pills or smoked.
- White Malay Kratom is available in powder form, capsule form, and also as a potent extract. It is a flexible substance as there are many ways of taking it and you are sure to find a suitable method for you.
- You can find more information about the different ways of taking Kratom in our previous article, and all these methods apply to White Malay Kratom.
The White Malay kratom contains a large variety of biologically active chemical or phytochemicals for short.
- The most significant compound is the alkaloid mitragynine, making up 66% of the leaf extracts, with other compound variations being found in similar strains.
- This compound is the main reason for the opioid- and psychostimulant-like effects of the kratom leaves.
The general side effects of kratom include
- weight loss,
- dry mouth,
- And vomiting.
- Due to the effect of mitragynine on the nervous system, there have also been reports of dizziness and drowsiness.
It should be noted that these effects only occur when the ingested amount exceeds the ideal safe dose of 1-3g. You can avoid side effects by starting with a low dosage. Another thing to watch out for is tolerance, which can build if you take the strain every day for a prolonged time.
This can reduce the effects of the substance, and it can mean you need a higher dose to get the same effects. You can prevent tolerance by cycling this strain with other strains, and also by taking a few days to break, as this will allow your body to reset. In general, side effects and the risk of addiction are far lower in White Malay Kratom when compared to other substances and prescription medication.
Comparisons with Other Kratom Strains
The White Malay kratom is one of the strongest strains and provides the highest potency in mood enhancement, energy boosting, temporary focus enhancement, as a stimulant, and anxiety-reducing. This is due to the increased concentration of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine when compared to other strains such as the Red Bali Kratom and Thailand Maeng Kratom. This makes it beneficial for users with major depression or ADHD as the powerful stimulating effects combined with the mood boost can help to combat these conditions.
- Mitragynine is found to act on the mu (μ), kappa (κ), and delta (δ) opioid receptors, though it has chemical structural differences to other types of opioids, such as morphine.
- The reason for its effectiveness has yet to be identified, but it is hypothesized that the minute presence of 7-hydroxymitragynine causes the analgesic properties, due to its particular preference to binding with the μ- and κ- opioid receptors.
- The hydroxyl group in 7-hydroxymitragynine results in 13 times or 46 times effectiveness when compared to morphine and mitragynine respectively.
Since kratom isn’t an opiate, it assists in easing the effects of opiate addiction, as mitragynine activates the same receptors without the usual side effects of standard opioids.
This means kratom reduces the symptoms of opiate withdrawal,
- including cramps,
- pain, and anxiety.
- Kratom has helped heroin and alcohol addicts get rid of their dependencies, which is a major benefit that is being integrated into standard medical practices through research.
The presence of mitragynine allows the plant to possess its anti-inflammatory properties by suppressing the related enzyme production. Research on other strands of kratom also shows the capability to modulate neurogenic muscle contractions and to regulate gastric secretions, making the traditional remedies valid references.
Another main draw of the White Malay kratom is as an antidepressant. Animal tests done in 2011 have shown potential as an antidepressant, and experiments on the administration of mitragynine extract have shown promise as a therapeutic drug due to its effects on the opioidergic receptor systems. This even helps with social anxiety with its calming properties. When taken in larger amounts, the White Malay kratom can result in euphoria, but it is necessary to moderate use to avoid the adverse side effects. It is one of the best strains for inducing mood-boosting effects.
The White Malay kratom also helps improve productivity. The 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine act as stimulants to increase stamina and energy, allowing users to work better and longer. The presence of acetylcholine also has a calming effect, allowing you to focus.
Finally, kratom also stimulates the secretion of dopamine and serotonin, providing further performance gains. This makes the White Malay kratom a good choice for workers needing razor-sharp focus. People who might deal with monotonous, repetitive tasks can also consider using the White Malay kratom for the main benefits. Many workers rely on the substance to help them get through the work day, and it also helps to improve their efficiency in the work.
- The multitude of chemical compounds contained in the White Malay Kratom also assist in the lowering of blood pressure, preventing heart disease, and protecting against heart attacks, strokes, and atherosclerosis. Heart health isn’t the only benefit, as sexual disorders such as low libido can be remedied with the White Malay kratom due to its aphrodisiac properties, which allows it to act as a sexual enhancer.
- While those are the major upsides of the White Malay kratom, studies have also shown other benefits. It helps people with insomnia and parasomnia sleep better.
- It helps reduce the risk of diarrhea by regulating the gastrointestinal tract with the neurological effects of mitragynine. It even helps promote weight loss, since it regulates the hypothalamus in the brain, mainly the satiety center, which is what gives you the urge for food.
With such a wide range of benefits and minimal side effects, it’s no wonder the White Malay kratom is popular. However, these benefits are only as good as the user, and to avoid unwanted side effects as discussed above, and you should stick with the recommended dosage amounts.
Studies show that the ideal amount to be taken each time is 1-3 grams, with a daily total not exceeding a maximum of 7 grams.
Where to Get It
The White Malay kratom can be obtained in multiple forms, with the main type being crushed leaves in powder form. This is the most versatile form, as it allows people to weigh exact amounts for any method of taking what they want. These can be found on many different websites.
In this form factor, you can take the kratom by chewing, which is the traditional method; or even by adding it to sweeter foods such as yogurt and milk if you’re not used to the bitter taste of the White Malay kratom. Common opinions are that the dried leaves powder form is not suitable for smoking, as a significantly larger amount than healthy is required to combust.
You can also find the White Malay kratom in capsule form. These are suitable for people who want precise amounts at fixed intervals. Due to the easily digestible capsule bodies, the contents of the capsules can be easily absorbed by the body, maximizing the effect while also ensuring fast activation. Do note that this form factor does come with an increased price tag.
We recommend the following online vendors to purchase White Malay Kratom from.
- We highly recommend KratomNesia for White Malay Kratom as they are highly regarded by many users for delivery the best quality Kratom. They sell White Malay Kratom in powder form. They offer fast and free delivery straight to your home.
- Additionally, they have a 24/7 support service to answer any questions that you may have. They also offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all of their products.
- Therefore, they are an excellent choice for purchasing White Malay Kratom.
- KayBotancials provide the best quality White Malay Kratom strains that are grown in Malaysian Farm Lands and tested properly. They offer this strain in powder form, and also in capsules.
- They accept a range of payment methods and offer free shipping across the country which can be tracked live.
- This vendor is a top seller of White Malay Kratom, and this is seen in the vast number of positive reviews from happy customers.
As an old Chinese saying goes, “anything overdone will be done badly.” Everything should be done in moderation, and taking kratom of any type should be done with care. Chemical substances can always be abused, but this can be avoided with proper use.
The ideal dose for the White Malay kratom is 1-3 grams per time, with a maximum of 5-7 grams a day. This allows you to enjoy all the benefits without the risk of the side effects. With this advice, you should have no issues with the use of the White Malay kratom.
Many users have had a fantastic experience with White Malay Kratom. This Malaysian strain has been hugely useful for users suffering from a lack of focus and depression. If you have tried medication and other substances without luck, then you should consider White Malay Kratom as it could be a potential solution for lessening your symptoms.